A probiotic isolated from breast milk for your baby
It’s increasingly clear how important it is for babies to have a healthy balance of good bacteria in their gut. These bacteria, know collectively as the microbiome, play a key role in the development of the immune system and help maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Qiara Infant is for babies 0-24 months who are not exclusively breastfed. Each convenient sachet contains the same single strain probiotic found in Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716, which was originally isolated from healthy human breastmilk.
- Qiara Infant may help in maintaining levels of healthy digestive microflora or restore levels of good bacteria and balance, which may have been impacted by a course of antibiotics during pregnancy, delivery or infancy.
- If baby is exclusively breastfed, we recommend mum takes Qiara Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.
Why use Qiara Infant?
Breastmilk is rich in probiotics, prebiotics and essential nutrients that help babies establish a balanced microbiome, immune system and healthy digestion. Babies no longer being breastfed may be missing out on the beneficial “good bacteria” or need additional probiotic support for gastroinestinal health.
Supplementing your baby’s diet with Qiara Infant may build and maintain the levels of beneficial bacteria and support the microbiome, which in turn may promote the development of their immune system and may help relieve symptoms of gut issues such as diarrhoea, constipation, reflux and colic.
Dosage and Preparation
- Each box of Qiara Infant contains 28 single-dose sachets of oral powder.
- Each sachet contains no less than 39mg/300 million organisms of Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716
- Qiara Infant is almost a tasteless powder which most babies and infants take happily. Simply add the contents of the sachet to your baby or infants prepared bottle, water, milk or soft food such as yoghurt, or sprinkle on cereal immediately before feeding. Do not heat after Qiara has been added.
- Babies 0-4 months Use half a sachet per day.
You can store the opened sachet in the refrigerator at 2-8C (do not freeze) so long as it is used within two days.
- Infants 4-24 months. Use one sachet per day.
- An Infant taking prescribed antibiotics:
To help restore healthy microflora, it’s recommended your infant takes two Qiara Infant sachets per day, 2-3 hours before or after the antibiotic dose. Continue this dosage for 5 days after completing the course of antibiotics then resume 1 sachet per day.
What makes Qiara probiotics different?
Isolated from breastmilk
Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT 5716 is a probiotic isolated from breast milk which:
- has a history of safe prolonged intake by newborns and infants;
- is uniquely adapted to reside both in the human digestive tract and in human breast milk and to interact with the human baby;
So it’s safe for both mother and baby and may play a critical role in establishing a healthy microbiome in the infant.
Single strain & evidence-based
It is important to select the right probiotic strain researched for and suited to your needs.
Many probiotic companies provide broad spectrum probiotics containing multiple strains in a single dose. However, clinical trials for probiotics are usually conducted with a single strain, and it is unclear how multiple strains in a single dose may interact with or inhibit each other.
Containing only a single strain probiotic, Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716, Qiara Infant is an evidence-based strain, and its use and expected outcomes are supported by clinical trials.
Studies have shown that Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716 reduces the incidence of gastrointestinal infections in infants 1-6 months up to 71% and infants 6-12 months by up to 41% .
Qiara Infant AUSTL 228344:
- Contains no added dairy, yeast, eggs, gluten, nuts, soy or salt.
- Contains no animal products, no artificial colours, preservatives or sweeteners.
- Is suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
- Does not require refrigeration (store below 25°C).
- Is guaranteed to contain a minimum of 300 million live probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus Fermentum CECT5716 per sachet until the expiry date.
- Contains 28 individually sealed sachets per box.
- Recommended dosage 1 sachet per day. If prescribed oral antibiotics or if IV antibiotics have been administered, take 2 sachets per day for 5 days after the antibiotic course is completed, then return to one sachet daily. Take probiotic 2-3 hours before or after antibiotic dose.
For Infants 0-24 months of age or as recommended by your health care professional.