A colourful illustrated book about vulvas, with vulva portraits and personal stories, cool vulva facts and a positive and inclusive approach to sexual health education. Let’s celebrate diversity!
This book aims to open up the conversation about a topic that is still surrounded by taboo and shame. By showing diversity, educating ourselves on anatomy and sexual health and openly talking about our experiences and our insecurities, we can change the way we look at our bodies – and the bodies of others.
- More than 650 colourful illustrations (all based on real vulvas), and foldout pages with anatomical illustrations
- A chapter about anatomy (with colourful & diverse illustrations)
- 140 vulva portraits & personal stories
- Vulva myths debunked – medical health professionals explain why these myths are false
- Wonders of the vulva & vagina
- Why? What? How? – All kinds of vulva- and vagina-related questions answered
- How to draw a vulva
- Vulva names around the world
- Positive personal quotes about vulvas from individuals from all around the world
- The book uses gender inclusive language and has a positive approach to sexuality and diversity.
The book can be used to flip through during open conversations about sexuality, by a parent or with a friend – but it’s also a perfect book to curl up with and read by yourself.
It can be used as a tool by sexual health providers to talk about body diversity with clients, or in schools during sex education classes.