The best selling and most loved breast pump.
If you're a breastfeeding mama (or planning to be), the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump
is the perfect essential to incorporate into your nursing journey.
As there aren’t multiple components it can be used quickly in the middle of the night or if your baby has had a longer nap than usual and best of all it is quick and easy to clean!Mums love using the Haakaa to:
1. Relieve engorgement particularly when milk is first coming in and supply is being established
2. As a catcher/collector to save breastmilk that would otherwise be lost in a nursing pad
3. To create their first stash of expressed breastmilk with minimal fuss
4. As a breast pump while simultaneously breastfeeding
5. Pumping mums to help support supply while also using an electric breast pump
The Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump is made from 100% food grade silicone, making it a more eco-friendly and safe option that won't leak plastic micro particles into your breastmilk. It fits perfectly into any handbag or baby bag and is the perfect gift for a mum to be.
The Haakaa Silicone Pump is available in two sizes: 100ml and 150ml. Popular accessories such as the Haakaa Cap
, Flower Stopper
and Pump Strap
available separately. We stock the largest range of Haakaa Breast Pumps. Check out the full range here
- Perfect for travelling
- Especially soft and comfortable – made from 100% food grade silicone
- Fits perfectly into any handbag or baby bag
- Dishwasher safe – also can be sterilised and left to sit in boiling water
- Easy to use, easy to clean
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- No cords, batteries or assembly required
- 100ml or 150ml capacity
- Available with or without a suction base ensuring your pump will not fall over meaning no spills
- Pump only
The Haakaa works by creating gentle suction on your breast. Most of our pumping mums use the haakaa as a milk catcher or collector while simultaneously breastfeeding their baby on the opposite breast. This assists with achieving a let down and saves time! This breastmilk would otherwise have been lost in a breast pad.
The traditional constant pumping action required for other manual/ non-electrical pumps isn't necessary with the Haakaa although our customers have found a squeeze every now and then can help to produce a let down. If you have a hand free gently massage your breast or apply a warm compress to improve your milk flow.
1. Sterilise your pump or wash in warm soapy water (no bleaching agents)
2. Suction the Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction.
There are two ways to apply your Haakaa Breast Pump:
- Simply align the Haakaa so that your nipple is in the centre. Press the pump into the breast so that there is suction and you are ready to go!
- Fold back the silicone breast shield. Once your nipple is aligned in the centre, press the pump into the breast and fold back the pump shield so that it is contact with your breast.
Yes it really is that simple!
If any pain is felt, remove the pump until you feel comfortable.
3. Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
4. Once the pump becomes full empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
5. If the pump is full or you wish to stop pumping – simply suction the suction base to the table next to you while you finish your feed or re dress and the pump is 100% secure. Store as required.
The Haakaa Silicone Pump is available in either 100ml or 150ml.
The 150ml size is the most popular version as most mums choose to pump while feeding their baby in a traditional cradle (across the body) position. As the 150ml is slighly longer it is more forgiving when on an angle so that milk doesn't travel up into the neck of the pump (and result in a wet boob).
Other mums prefer the smaller and slightly lighter 100ml version, so it really comes down to personal preference.Tips
- Use the Haakaa while breastfeeding your baby to help achieve a let down
- While constant squeezing (like traditional manual pumps) isn't required, a couple of squeezes at the start can help to trigger a let down.
- Heat and gently massaging your breast towards the nipple can help with let down and drainage of the breast.
Clean after each use. We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising your Haakaa Breast Pump with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use UV sterilisers to clean this product as it may impact the lifespan of your pump.Caution
: Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Exposure to detergent may make the silicone in this product appear cloudy. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended use. Store product in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult supervision is required.
How long do you leave the Haakaa on?
You can leave your Haakaa on for the duration of a feed or as long as it’s comfortable and still catching milk. Many mums find around 5-10 minutes is ideal. In general if you are looking to build your supply more frequent sessions is recommended rather than increasing expressing times.
What is the difference between a Haakaa and a pump?
A Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump works as both a manual breast pump and milk collector. It’s primary difference to a manual breast pump is that it can be attached and then used hands free without the manually pumping action of a manual breast pump. The Haakaa’s gentle suction will draw out milk to be used or stored.
Does the Haakaa empty the breast?
The Haakaa can be used to effectively drain the breast but the extent of emptying will depend on a number of factors including milk supply, time of use, the age of your baby and how often the Haakaa is being used. Like with any pump, it’s important to assess your breasts before, during and after a feed to ensure they’ve been properly emptied and are comfortable.
Should I use the Haakaa for every feeding?
It’s entirely up to you! Some women want or need to collect a larger amount of milk and will use the Haakaa numerous times across the day, while others may use less regularly.
What should I do with the milk collected in the Haakaa?
The milk collected in your Haakaa can be used for a variety of purposes including feeding bub, adding to solids, storing for later use or even donating.
Is the Haakaa hands free?
Yes! Once attached the Haakaa does not need to be held in place and stays attached using gentle suction. Some mums find it more comfortable to use a pumping bra or hold the pump in place.
Do I need to sterilise the Haakaa after every use?
You do not need to sterilise after every use. We recommend simply washing in warm, soapy water and leaving to air dry.