Get access to classes 2-8 for free here.
If you would to contribute to the running costs of these classes, please feel free to contribute what you can. If you are unable to pay anything at this time, please enjoy them for free and simply leave the above as a zero.
An eight-part online antenatal class series to guide you and your birth team through pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding.
These classes were filmed during the Covid-19 lockdown to provide a free resource for parents-to-be. They are Auslan interpreted. Each class covers different topics to help you and your birth team prepare for birth and beyond.
I was in my first trimester when filming, so please forgive me if I am at times a little emotional, my thoughts aren’t quite succinct or I look like I may just vomit. I’m sure many of you can relate!
- Early labour
- Active labour
- Hormones in labour
- Non-pharmacological pain management techniques
- How your brain works in labour and addressing fear
- Vaginal examinations
- Monitoring baby
- Waters breaking
- Pharmacological pain management
- Augmentation of labour
- Cascade of intervention
- Factors that impact your labour & birth
- Birth positioning and pushing
- Tearing vs episiotomy (and decreasing the chances of both)
- Introduction to induction (continued in class five)
- Recap on pushing and waterbirth
- Your placenta – how it comes out and what you can do with it
- Cord clamping & tying
- Skin to skin contact & getting to know your body
- Vacuum & forceps birth
- VBAC – Vagina Birth after Caesarean
- Natural induction of labour
- Medical induction of labour
- Breech birth and ECV (External Cephalic Version)
- Caesarean birth
- Obstetric emergencies
- Birth maps
- Weeing and pooing post birth
- Postnatal blood loss
- Nappies – disposable, cloth and what to expect
- Baby bath
- Your Magic bag of settling tricks!